The good news is that there are no known diseases that wasps have than can be infectious to humans. So you don’t have to worry about diseases and other sicknesses that come from pests.
The bad news is that the venom wasps carry are deadly to those that are allergic. Even as small as one sting can be deadly to those with wasp allergies. And even those without allergies can find wasp stings to be painful, and generally unpleasant to experience.
If you are stung here are some steps you can take:
Remove the stinger: You can pull it out with tweezers or use a credit card to scrape it out. According to a scientific study by the National Library of Medicine, pulling out the stinger does not release more venom, and removing the stinger quickly is more important than the method.
Wash the stung area: Use soap and water, especially where the stinger has pierced the skin. Doing so will prevent infection and will remove any venom still around the area.
Use an Ice Pack: If swelling starts use a bag full of ice (Or any cold object if no ice is available). This will reduce the swelling and help ease the pain.
Use Pain Relievers: If the pain is still too much, using over-the-counter pain relievers such as Ibuprofen or Tylenol will help with the pain.